Jesus said "I must become greater, you must become lesser". Our ultimate daily goal should be to point people to Jesus. And the only way to do this is to take ourselves out of the picture. To be honest, this is difficult for me. I do want the recognition. While I still believe it was God working through me, I want people to know that it was God working through ME. Like always, God chooses specific times to teach us this lesson. And I was taught this yesterday.
The past couple of days have been crazy and hectic; buying gifts and wrapping gifts for a family that I am sponsoring. On Wednesday I received a bonus check from school for a very significant amount, therefore was able to be much more free in my giving to this family. I went a little crazy; two new outfits for the boys, two pairs of shoes, a girls outfit, two 25 gift cards, two Bucks tickets, 2 toys, one board game. It was an absolute blast shopping. My heart was so full of love and anticipation for the giving of the gifts. Kari drove over to the house with me after school. One of the boys was sitting on the steps as we pulled up. An uncle came out of the house. We gave them the gifts and that was that. Of course in my mind I had planned out a scenario. I had planned to be invited into the house, for all the kids to be there, to talk with the mom, etc. But that would have magnified me. And the point is to magnify God. And I do believe that God will be magnified, and I will be lesser.
So in the end they will know that someone cared enough to think of them. And perhaps this will strengthen their faith in God and motivate them to do the same someday.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment